Friday, August 19 / September 1, 2006: 2Cor 7:10-16, Mark 2:18-22

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2006

      For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of:
      but the sorrow of the world worketh death. For behold this selfsame
      thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought
      in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation,
      yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what
      revenge! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in
      this matter. Wherefore, though I wrote unto you, I did it not for his
      cause that had done the wrong, nor for his cause that suffered wrong,
      but that our care for you in the sight of God might appear unto you.
      Therefore we were comforted in your comfort: yea, and exceedingly the
      more joyed we for the joy of Titus, because his spirit was refreshed
      by you all. For if I have boasted any thing to him of you, I am
      not ashamed; but as we spake all things to you in truth, even so
      our boasting, which I made before Titus, is found a truth. And his
      inward affection is more abundant toward you, whilst he remembereth
      the obedience of you all, how with fear and trembling ye received him.
      I rejoice therefore that I have confidence in you in all things.

      And the disciples of John and of the Pharisees used to fast: and
      they come and say unto him, Why do the disciples of John and of the
      Pharisees fast, but thy disciples fast not? And Jesus said unto them,
      Can the children of the bridechamber fast, while the bridegroom is with
      them? as long as they have the bridegroom with them, they cannot fast.
      But the days will come, when the bridegroom shall be taken away from
      them, and then shall they fast in those days. No man also seweth a
      piece of new cloth on an old garment: else the new piece that filled
      it up taketh away from the old, and the rent is made worse. And no
      man putteth new wine into old bottles: else the new wine doth burst
      the bottles, and the wine is spilled, and the bottles will be marred:
      but new wine must be put into new bottles.