Tuesday, July 19 / August 1, 2006: 1Cor 10:5-12, Matt 16:6-12

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2006

      But with many of them God was not well pleased: for they were overthrown
      in the wilderness. Now these things were our examples, to the intent
      we should not lust after evil things, as they also lusted. Neither be
      ye idolaters, as were some of them; as it is written, The people sat
      down to eat and drink, and rose up to play. Neither let us commit
      fornication, as some of them committed, and fell in one day three
      and twenty thousand. Neither let us tempt Christ, as some of them
      also tempted, and were destroyed of serpents. Neither murmur ye,
      as some of them also murmured, and were destroyed of the destroyer.
      Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are
      written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come.
      Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall.

      Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the leaven of the
      Pharisees and of the Sadducees. And they reasoned among themselves,
      saying, It is because we have taken no bread. Which when Jesus
      perceived, he said unto them, O ye of little faith, why reason ye among
      yourselves, because ye have brought no bread? Do ye not yet understand,
      neither remember the five loaves of the five thousand, and how many
      baskets ye took up? Neither the seven loaves of the four thousand,
      and how many baskets ye took up? How is it that ye do not understand
      that I spake it not to you concerning bread, that ye should beware
      of the leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees? Then understood
      they how that he bade them not beware of the leaven of bread, but of
      the doctrine of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.