Monday, July 18/31, 2006: 1Cor 9:13-18, Matt 16:1-6

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 30, 2006

      Do ye not know that they which minister about holy things live of the
      things of the temple? and they which wait at the altar are partakers with
      the altar? Even so hath the Lord ordained that they which preach the
      gospel should live of the gospel. But I have used none of these things:
      neither have I written these things, that it should be so done unto
      me: for it were better for me to die, than that any man should make my
      glorying void. For though I preach the gospel, I have nothing to glory
      of: for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach not
      the gospel! For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if
      against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.
      What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may
      make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in
      the gospel.

      The Pharisees also with the Sadducees came, and tempting desired him that
      he would shew them a sign from heaven. He answered and said unto them,
      When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red.
      And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is
      red and lowering. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky;
      but can ye not discern the signs of the times? A wicked and adulterous
      generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto
      it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.
      And when his disciples were come to the other side, they had forgotten
      to take bread. Then Jesus said unto them, Take heed and beware of the
      leaven of the Pharisees and of the Sadducees.