Sunday, June 19 / July 2, 2006: Rom 5:1-10, Matt 6:22-33

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2006

      Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our
      Lord Jesus Christ: By whom also we have access by faith into this grace
      wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not
      only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation
      worketh patience; And patience, experience; and experience, hope: And
      hope maketh not ashamed; because the love of God is shed abroad in our
      hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. For when we were yet
      without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely
      for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some
      would even dare to die. But God commendeth his love toward us, in that,
      while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being
      now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.
      For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death
      of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

      The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single,
      thy whole body shall be full of light. But if thine eye be evil, thy
      whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is
      in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness! No man can serve two
      masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else
      he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God
      and mammon. Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life,
      what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye
      shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
      Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap,
      nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye
      not much better than they? Which of you by taking thought can add one
      cubit unto his stature? And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider
      the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they
      spin: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not
      arrayed like one of these. Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the
      field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not
      much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? Therefore take no thought,
      saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal
      shall we be clothed? For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:)
      for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
      But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all
      these things shall be added unto you.