Wednesday, May 18/31, 2006: Acts 18:22-28, John 12:36-47

    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2006

      And when he had landed at Caesarea, and gone up, and saluted the church,
      he went down to Antioch. And after he had spent some time there,
      he departed, and went over all the country of Galatia and Phrygia in
      order, strengthening all the disciples. And a certain Jew named Apollos,
      born at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mighty in the scriptures, came
      to Ephesus. This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being
      fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the
      Lord, knowing only the baptism of John. And he began to speak boldly
      in the synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they took
      him unto them, and expounded unto him the way of God more perfectly.
      And when he was disposed to pass into Achaia, the brethren wrote,
      exhorting the disciples to receive him: who, when he was come, helped
      them much which had believed through grace: For he mightily convinced
      the Jews, and that publickly, shewing by the scriptures that Jesus
      was Christ.

      While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children
      of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself
      from them. But though he had done so many miracles before them, yet
      they believed not on him: That the saying of Esaias the prophet might
      be fulfilled, which he spake, Lord, who hath believed our report? and
      to whom hath the arm of the Lord been revealed? Therefore they could
      not believe, because that Esaias said again, He hath blinded their eyes,
      and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor
      understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them.
      These things said Esaias, when he saw his glory, and spake of him.
      Nevertheless among the chief rulers also many believed on him; but
      because of the Pharisees they did not confess him, lest they should be
      put out of the synagogue: For they loved the praise of men more than the
      praise of God. Jesus cried and said, He that believeth on me, believeth
      not on me, but on him that sent me. And he that seeth me seeth him that
      sent me. I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth
      on me should not abide in darkness. And if any man hear my words,
      and believe not, I judge him not: for I came not to judge the world,
      but to save the world.