Friday, August 19 / September 1, 2000: 2Cor 4:13-18, Matt 24:27-33,42-51

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2000

      We having the same spirit of faith, according as it is written, I
      believed, and therefore have I spoken; we also believe, and therefore
      speak; Knowing that he which raised up the Lord Jesus shall raise up
      us also by Jesus, and shall present us with you. For all things are
      for your sakes, that the abundant grace might through the thanksgiving
      of many redound to the glory of God. For which cause we faint not;
      but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day
      by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh
      for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look
      not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen:
      for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are
      not seen are eternal.

      For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the
      west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. For wheresoever
      the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together. Immediately
      after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the
      moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven,
      and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: And then shall appear
      the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes
      of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the
      clouds of heaven with power and great glory. And he shall send his
      angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together
      his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.
      Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and
      putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: So likewise ye, when
      ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

      passage: Matt 24:42-24:51

      Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
      But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what
      watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have
      suffered his house to be broken up. Therefore be ye also ready: for
      in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh. Who then is
      a faithful and wise servant, whom his lord hath made ruler over his
      household, to give them meat in due season? Blessed is that servant,
      whom his lord when he cometh shall find so doing. Verily I say unto
      you, That he shall make him ruler over all his goods. But and if that
      evil servant shall say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; And
      shall begin to smite his fellowservants, and to eat and drink with the
      drunken; The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh
      not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of, And shall cut him
      asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall
      be weeping and gnashing of teeth.