Monday, March 21 / April 3, 2006: Isa 37:33-38:6, Gen 13:12-18, Prov 14:27-15:4

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 2, 2006
      passage: Isa 37:33-38:6

      Chapter 37

      Therefore thus saith the LORD concerning the king of Assyria, He shall
      not come into this city, nor shoot an arrow there, nor come before it
      with shields, nor cast a bank against it. By the way that he came,
      by the same shall he return, and shall not come into this city, saith
      the LORD. For I will defend this city to save it for mine own sake,
      and for my servant David's sake. Then the angel of the LORD went
      forth, and smote in the camp of the Assyrians a hundred and fourscore
      and five thousand: and when they arose early in the morning, behold,
      they were all dead corpses. So Sennacherib king of Assyria departed,
      and went and returned, and dwelt at Nineveh. And it came to pass, as
      he was worshipping in the house of Nisroch his god, that Adrammelech
      and Sharezer his sons smote him with the sword; and they escaped into
      the land of Armenia: and Esarhaddon his son reigned in his stead.

      Chapter 38

      In those days was Hezekiah sick unto death. And Isaiah the prophet the
      son of Amoz came unto him, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Set
      thine house in order: for thou shalt die, and not live. Then Hezekiah
      turned his face toward the wall, and prayed unto the LORD, And said,
      Remember now, O LORD, I beseech thee, how I have walked before thee in
      truth and with a perfect heart, and have done that which is good in thy
      sight. And Hezekiah wept sore. Then came the word of the LORD to Isaiah,
      saying, Go, and say to Hezekiah, Thus saith the LORD, the God of David
      thy father, I have heard thy prayer, I have seen thy tears: behold, I
      will add unto thy days fifteen years. And I will deliver thee and this
      city out of the hand of the king of Assyria: and I will defend this city.

      passage: Gen 13:12-13:18

      Chapter 13

      Abram dwelled in the land of Canaan, and Lot dwelled in the cities of
      the plain, and pitched his tent toward Sodom. But the men of Sodom were
      wicked and sinners before the LORD exceedingly. And the LORD said unto
      Abram, after that Lot was separated from him, Lift up now thine eyes,
      and look from the place where thou art northward, and southward, and
      eastward, and westward: For all the land which thou seest, to thee will
      I give it, and to thy seed for ever. And I will make thy seed as the
      dust of the earth: so that if a man can number the dust of the earth,
      then shall thy seed also be numbered. Arise, walk through the land in
      the length of it and in the breadth of it; for I will give it unto thee.
      Then Abram removed his tent, and came and dwelt in the plain of Mamre,
      which is in Hebron, and built there an altar unto the LORD.

      passage: Prov 14:27-15:4

      Chapter 14

      The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life, to depart from the snares
      of death. In the multitude of people is the king's honour: but in
      the want of people is the destruction of the prince. He that is slow
      to wrath is of great understanding: but he that is hasty of spirit
      exalteth folly. A sound heart is the life of the flesh: but envy the
      rottenness of the bones. He that oppresseth the poor reproacheth his
      Maker: but he that honoureth him hath mercy on the poor. The wicked is
      driven away in his wickedness: but the righteous hath hope in his death.
      Wisdom resteth in the heart of him that hath understanding: but that
      which is in the midst of fools is made known. Righteousness exalteth
      a nation: but sin is a reproach to any people. The king's favour is
      toward a wise servant: but his wrath is against him that causeth shame.

      Chapter 15

      A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.
      The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools
      poureth out foolishness. The eyes of the LORD are in every place,
      beholding the evil and the good. A wholesome tongue is a tree of life:
      but perverseness therein is a breach in the spirit.