: 1Peter 4:1-11, Mark 12:28-37

    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 1, 2006
      passage: 1Peter 4:1-4:11

      Chapter 4

      Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm
      yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in
      the flesh hath ceased from sin; That he no longer should live the rest
      of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.
      For the time past of our life may suffice us to have wrought the will
      of the Gentiles, when we walked in lasciviousness, lusts, excess of
      wine, revellings, banquetings, and abominable idolatries: Wherein
      they think it strange that ye run not with them to the same excess
      of riot, speaking evil of you: Who shall give account to him that is
      ready to judge the quick and the dead. For for this cause was the
      gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged
      according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.
      But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch
      unto prayer. And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves:
      for charity shall cover the multitude of sins. Use hospitality one to
      another without grudging. As every man hath received the gift, even
      so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold
      grace of God. If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God;
      if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth:
      that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom
      be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

      And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together,
      and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is
      the first commandment of all? And Jesus answered him, The first of
      all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:
      And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all
      thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is
      the first commandment. And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt
      love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater
      than these. And the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast
      said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:
      And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and
      with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour
      as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.
      And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him,
      Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst
      ask him any question. And Jesus answered and said, while he taught
      in the temple, How say the scribes that Christ is the son of David?
      For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord,
      Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.
      David therefore himself calleth him Lord; and whence is he then his
      son? And the common people heard him gladly.