Thursday, November 18 / December 1, 2005: 1Thes 5:1-8, Luke 16:1-9

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2005
      passage: 1Thes 5:1-5:8

      Chapter 5

      But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write
      unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so
      cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and
      safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a
      woman with child; and they shall not escape. But ye, brethren, are
      not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief. Ye are
      all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of
      the night, nor of darkness. Therefore let us not sleep, as do others;
      but let us watch and be sober. For they that sleep sleep in the night;
      and they that be drunken are drunken in the night. But let us, who
      are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love;
      and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.

      And he said also unto his disciples, There was a certain rich man,
      which had a steward; and the same was accused unto him that he had
      wasted his goods. And he called him, and said unto him, How is it
      that I hear this of thee? give an account of thy stewardship; for thou
      mayest be no longer steward. Then the steward said within himself,
      What shall I do? for my lord taketh away from me the stewardship: I
      cannot dig; to beg I am ashamed. I am resolved what to do, that, when
      I am put out of the stewardship, they may receive me into their houses.
      So he called every one of his lord's debtors unto him, and said unto
      the first, How much owest thou unto my lord? And he said, An hundred
      measures of oil. And he said unto him, Take thy bill, and sit down
      quickly, and write fifty. Then said he to another, And how much owest
      thou? And he said, An hundred measures of wheat. And he said unto him,
      Take thy bill, and write fourscore. And the lord commended the unjust
      steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world
      are in their generation wiser than the children of light. And I say
      unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness;
      that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.