Thursday, October 21 / November 3, 2005: Phil 3:1-8, Luke 9:49-56

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2005
      passage: Phil 3:1-3:8

      Chapter 3

      Finally, my brethren, rejoice in the Lord. To write the same things to
      you, to me indeed is not grievous, but for you it is safe. Beware of
      dogs, beware of evil workers, beware of the concision. For we are the
      circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ
      Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh. Though I might also have
      confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof
      he might trust in the flesh, I more: Circumcised the eighth day, of the
      stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews; as
      touching the law, a Pharisee; Concerning zeal, persecuting the church;
      touching the righteousness which is in the law, blameless. But what
      things were gain to me, those I counted loss for Christ. Yea doubtless,
      and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of
      Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things,
      and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

      And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils
      in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us.
      And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against
      us is for us. And it came to pass, when the time was come that he
      should be received up, he stedfastly set his face to go to Jerusalem,
      And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into
      a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him. And they did not
      receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.
      And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt
      thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them,
      even as Elias did? But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know
      not what manner of spirit ye are of. For the Son of man is not come to
      destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.