Monday, September 20 / October 3, 2005: Gal 4:28-5:10, Luke 3:19-22

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 2, 2005
      passage: Gal 4:28-5:10

      Chapter 4

      Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise. But as then
      he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the
      Spirit, even so it is now. Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast
      out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not
      be heir with the son of the freewoman. So then, brethren, we are not
      children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

      Chapter 5

      Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free,
      and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage. Behold, I Paul say
      unto you, that if ye be circumcised, Christ shall profit you nothing.
      For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a
      debtor to do the whole law. Christ is become of no effect unto you,
      whosoever of you are justified by the law; ye are fallen from grace.
      For we through the Spirit wait for the hope of righteousness by faith.
      For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor
      uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love. Ye did run well; who
      did hinder you that ye should not obey the truth? This persuasion cometh
      not of him that calleth you. A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump.
      I have confidence in you through the Lord, that ye will be none otherwise
      minded: but he that troubleth you shall bear his judgment, whosoever
      he be.

      But Herod the tetrarch, being reproved by him for Herodias his brother
      Philip's wife, and for all the evils which Herod had done, Added yet this
      above all, that he shut up John in prison. Now when all the people were
      baptized, it came to pass, that Jesus also being baptized, and praying,
      the heaven was opened, And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape
      like a dove upon him, and a voice came from heaven, which said, Thou
      art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased.