Monday, July 19 / August 1, 2005: 1Cor 5:9-6:11, Matt 13:54-58

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2005

      I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators: Yet not
      altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous,
      or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of
      the world. But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if
      any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an
      idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an
      one no not to eat. For what have I to do to judge them also that are
      without? do not ye judge them that are within? But them that are without
      God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

      Chapter 6

      Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the
      unjust, and not before the saints? Do ye not know that the saints
      shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are
      ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that we shall
      judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life? If then
      ye have judgments of things pertaining to this life, set them to judge
      who are least esteemed in the church. I speak to your shame. Is it so,
      that there is not a wise man among you? no, not one that shall be able
      to judge between his brethren? But brother goeth to law with brother,
      and that before the unbelievers. Now therefore there is utterly a fault
      among you, because ye go to law one with another. Why do ye not rather
      take wrong? why do ye not rather suffer yourselves to be defrauded?
      Nay, ye do wrong, and defraud, and that your brethren. Know ye not that
      the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived:
      neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate,
      nor abusers of themselves with mankind, Nor thieves, nor covetous,
      nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the
      kingdom of God. And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye
      are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus,
      and by the Spirit of our God.

      And when he was come into his own country, he taught them in their
      synagogue, insomuch that they were astonished, and said, Whence hath this
      man this wisdom, and these mighty works? Is not this the carpenter's
      son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses,
      and Simon, and Judas? And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence
      then hath this man all these things? And they were offended in him. But
      Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, save in his own
      country, and in his own house. And he did not many mighty works there
      because of their unbelief.