Monday, June 21 / July 4, 2005: Rom 7:1-13, Matt 9:36-10:8

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2005

      Know ye not, brethren, (for I speak to them that know the law,) how
      that the law hath dominion over a man as long as he liveth? For the
      woman which hath an husband is bound by the law to her husband so long
      as he liveth; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law
      of her husband. So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married
      to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband
      be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress,
      though she be married to another man. Wherefore, my brethren, ye
      also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should
      be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that
      we should bring forth fruit unto God. For when we were in the flesh,
      the motions of sins, which were by the law, did work in our members to
      bring forth fruit unto death. But now we are delivered from the law,
      that being dead wherein we were held; that we should serve in newness of
      spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter. What shall we say then? Is
      the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for
      I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.
      But sin, taking occasion by the commandment, wrought in me all manner
      of concupiscence. For without the law sin was dead. For I was alive
      without the law once: but when the commandment came, sin revived, and
      I died. And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be
      unto death. For sin, taking occasion by the commandment, deceived me,
      and by it slew me. Wherefore the law is holy, and the commandment holy,
      and just, and good. Was then that which is good made death unto me? God
      forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that
      which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

      But when he saw the multitudes, he was moved with compassion on them,
      because they fainted, and were scattered abroad, as sheep having
      no shepherd. Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is
      plenteous, but the labourers are few; Pray ye therefore the Lord of
      the harvest, that he will send forth labourers into his harvest.

      Chapter 10

      And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them
      power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner
      of sickness and all manner of disease. Now the names of the twelve
      apostles are these; The first, Simon, who is called Peter, and Andrew
      his brother; James the son of Zebedee, and John his brother; Philip,
      and Bartholomew; Thomas, and Matthew the publican; James the son of
      Alphaeus, and Lebbaeus, whose surname was Thaddaeus; Simon the Canaanite,
      and Judas Iscariot, who also betrayed him. These twelve Jesus sent
      forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles,
      and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not: But go rather to
      the lost sheep of the house of Israel. And as ye go, preach, saying,
      The kingdom of heaven is at hand. Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers,
      raise the dead, cast out devils: freely ye have received, freely give.