Monday, April 19 / May 2, 2005: Bright Monday: Acts 1:12-17, John 1:18-28

    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2005

      Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which
      is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey. And when they were come in,
      they went up into an upper room, where abode both Peter, and James,
      and John, and Andrew, Philip, and Thomas, Bartholomew, and Matthew,
      James the son of Alphaeus, and Simon Zelotes, and Judas the brother of
      James. These all continued with one accord in prayer and supplication,
      with the women, and Mary the mother of Jesus, and with his brethren.
      And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and
      said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)
      Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which
      the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas,
      which was guide to them that took Jesus. For he was numbered with us,
      and had obtained part of this ministry.

      passage: John 1:18-1:28

      No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the
      bosom of the Father, he hath declared him. And this is the record of
      John, when the Jews sent priests and Levites from Jerusalem to ask him,
      Who art thou? And he confessed, and denied not; but confessed, I am
      not the Christ. And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he
      saith, I am not. Art thou that prophet? And he answered, No. Then said
      they unto him, Who art thou? that we may give an answer to them that
      sent us. What sayest thou of thyself? He said, I am the voice of one
      crying in the wilderness, Make straight the way of the Lord, as said
      the prophet Esaias. And they which were sent were of the Pharisees.
      And they asked him, and said unto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou
      be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that prophet? John answered
      them, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you,
      whom ye know not; He it is, who coming after me is preferred before me,
      whose shoe's latchet I am not worthy to unloose. These things were
      done in Bethabara beyond Jordan, where John was baptizing.