Sunday, April 18 / May 1, 2005: The Ressuraction of Christ, the Passover (Pascha) of the Lord: Easter: Acts 1:1-8, John 1:1-17

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2005

      The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus
      began both to do and teach, Until the day in which he was taken up,
      after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the
      apostles whom he had chosen: To whom also he shewed himself alive
      after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty
      days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God: And,
      being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not
      depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which,
      saith he, ye have heard of me. For John truly baptized with water;
      but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
      When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord,
      wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel? And he
      said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons,
      which the Father hath put in his own power. But ye shall receive power,
      after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses
      unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto
      the uttermost part of the earth.

      passage: John 1:1-1:17

      In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word
      was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made
      by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him
      was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in
      darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. There was a man sent
      from God, whose name was John. The same came for a witness, to bear
      witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. He was
      not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. That was
      the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
      He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew
      him not. He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as
      many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God,
      even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor
      of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. And the
      Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the
      glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
      John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake,
      He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.
      And of his fulness have all we received, and grace for grace. For the
      law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ.