Friday, March 19 / April 1, 2005: Isa 13:2-13, Gen 8:4-21, Prov 10:31-11:12

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2005
      passage: Isa 13:2-13:13

      Chapter 13

      Lift ye up a banner upon the high mountain, exalt the voice unto them,
      shake the hand, that they may go into the gates of the nobles. I have
      commanded my sanctified ones, I have also called my mighty ones for
      mine anger, even them that rejoice in my highness. The noise of a
      multitude in the mountains, like as of a great people; a tumultuous
      noise of the kingdoms of nations gathered together: the LORD of hosts
      mustereth the host of the battle. They come from a far country, from
      the end of heaven, even the LORD, and the weapons of his indignation,
      to destroy the whole land. Howl ye; for the day of the LORD is at hand;
      it shall come as a destruction from the Almighty. Therefore shall
      all hands be faint, and every man's heart shall melt: And they shall
      be afraid: pangs and sorrows shall take hold of them; they shall be in
      pain as a woman that travaileth: they shall be amazed one at another;
      their faces shall be as flames. Behold, the day of the LORD cometh,
      cruel both with wrath and fierce anger, to lay the land desolate:
      and he shall destroy the sinners thereof out of it. For the stars
      of heaven and the constellations thereof shall not give their light:
      the sun shall be darkened in his going forth, and the moon shall not
      cause her light to shine. And I will punish the world for their evil,
      and the wicked for their iniquity; and I will cause the arrogancy of
      the proud to cease, and will lay low the haughtiness of the terrible.
      I will make a man more precious than fine gold; even a man than the
      golden wedge of Ophir. Therefore I will shake the heavens, and the
      earth shall remove out of her place, in the wrath of the LORD of hosts,
      and in the day of his fierce anger.

      passage: Gen 8:4-8:21

      Chapter 8

      And the ark rested in the seventh month, on the seventeenth day of
      the month, upon the mountains of Ararat. And the waters decreased
      continually until the tenth month: in the tenth month, on the first day
      of the month, were the tops of the mountains seen. And it came to pass
      at the end of forty days, that Noah opened the window of the ark which
      he had made: And he sent forth a raven, which went forth to and fro,
      until the waters were dried up from off the earth. Also he sent forth
      a dove from him, to see if the waters were abated from off the face of
      the ground; But the dove found no rest for the sole of her foot, and
      she returned unto him into the ark, for the waters were on the face of
      the whole earth: then he put forth his hand, and took her, and pulled
      her in unto him into the ark. And he stayed yet other seven days; and
      again he sent forth the dove out of the ark; And the dove came in to
      him in the evening; and, lo, in her mouth was an olive leaf pluckt off:
      so Noah knew that the waters were abated from off the earth. And he
      stayed yet other seven days; and sent forth the dove; which returned
      not again unto him any more. And it came to pass in the six hundredth
      and first year, in the first month, the first day of the month, the
      waters were dried up from off the earth: and Noah removed the covering
      of the ark, and looked, and, behold, the face of the ground was dry.
      And in the second month, on the seven and twentieth day of the month,
      was the earth dried. And God spake unto Noah, saying, Go forth of the
      ark, thou, and thy wife, and thy sons, and thy sons' wives with thee.
      Bring forth with thee every living thing that is with thee, of all
      flesh, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of every creeping thing that
      creepeth upon the earth; that they may breed abundantly in the earth,
      and be fruitful, and multiply upon the earth. And Noah went forth,
      and his sons, and his wife, and his sons' wives with him: Every beast,
      every creeping thing, and every fowl, and whatsoever creepeth upon the
      earth, after their kinds, went forth out of the ark. And Noah builded an
      altar unto the LORD; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean
      fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar. And the LORD smelled
      a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse
      the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart
      is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing
      living, as I have done.

      passage: Prov 10:31-11:12

      Chapter 10

      The mouth of the just bringeth forth wisdom: but the froward tongue
      shall be cut out. The lips of the righteous know what is acceptable:
      but the mouth of the wicked speaketh frowardness.

      Chapter 11

      A false balance is abomination to the LORD: but a just weight is
      his delight. When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the
      lowly is wisdom. The integrity of the upright shall guide them: but
      the perverseness of transgressors shall destroy them. Riches profit
      not in the day of wrath: but righteousness delivereth from death.
      The righteousness of the perfect shall direct his way: but the wicked
      shall fall by his own wickedness. The righteousness of the upright shall
      deliver them: but transgressors shall be taken in their own naughtiness.
      When a wicked man dieth, his expectation shall perish: and the hope of
      unjust men perisheth. The righteous is delivered out of trouble, and the
      wicked cometh in his stead. An hypocrite with his mouth destroyeth his
      neighbour: but through knowledge shall the just be delivered. When it
      goeth well with the righteous, the city rejoiceth: and when the wicked
      perish, there is shouting. By the blessing of the upright the city
      is exalted: but it is overthrown by the mouth of the wicked. He that
      is void of wisdom despiseth his neighbour: but a man of understanding
      holdeth his peace.