Thursday, February 18 / March 3, 2005: 1John 4:20-5:21, Mark 15:1-15

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 2, 2005
      passage: 1John 4:20-5:21

      Chapter 4

      If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for
      he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God
      whom he hath not seen? And this commandment have we from him, That he
      who loveth God love his brother also.

      Chapter 5

      Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every
      one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.
      By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and
      keep his commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep his
      commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. For whatsoever is
      born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh
      the world, even our faith. Who is he that overcometh the world, but
      he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? This is he that came
      by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water
      and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit
      is truth. For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father,
      the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one. And there are
      three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the
      blood: and these three agree in one. If we receive the witness of men,
      the witness of God is greater: for this is the witness of God which he
      hath testified of his Son. He that believeth on the Son of God hath
      the witness in himself: he that believeth not God hath made him a liar;
      because he believeth not the record that God gave of his Son. And this
      is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is
      in his Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the
      Son of God hath not life. These things have I written unto you that
      believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have
      eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
      And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing
      according to his will, he heareth us: And if we know that he hear us,
      whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired
      of him. If any man see his brother sin a sin which is not unto death,
      he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin not unto
      death. There is a sin unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.
      All unrighteousness is sin: and there is a sin not unto death. We know
      that whosoever is born of God sinneth not; but he that is begotten of
      God keepeth himself, and that wicked one toucheth him not. And we know
      that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness. And we
      know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding,
      that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true,
      even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

      And straightway in the morning the chief priests held a consultation
      with the elders and scribes and the whole council, and bound Jesus,
      and carried him away, and delivered him to Pilate. And Pilate asked
      him, Art thou the King of the Jews? And he answering said unto them,
      Thou sayest it. And the chief priests accused him of many things: but
      he answered nothing. And Pilate asked him again, saying, Answerest
      thou nothing? behold how many things they witness against thee.
      But Jesus yet answered nothing; so that Pilate marvelled. Now at that
      feast he released unto them one prisoner, whomsoever they desired.
      And there was one named Barabbas, which lay bound with them that had
      made insurrection with him, who had committed murder in the insurrection.
      And the multitude crying aloud began to desire him to do as he had ever
      done unto them. But Pilate answered them, saying, Will ye that I release
      unto you the King of the Jews? For he knew that the chief priests had
      delivered him for envy. But the chief priests moved the people, that
      he should rather release Barabbas unto them. And Pilate answered and
      said again unto them, What will ye then that I shall do unto him whom
      ye call the King of the Jews? And they cried out again, Crucify him.
      Then Pilate said unto them, Why, what evil hath he done? And they
      cried out the more exceedingly, Crucify him. And so Pilate, willing to
      content the people, released Barabbas unto them, and delivered Jesus,
      when he had scourged him, to be crucified.