Wednesday, November 18 / December 1, 2004: 1Tim 5:22-6:11, Luke 18:15-17,26-30

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2004
      passage: 1Tim 5:22-6:11

      Chapter 5

      Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither be partaker of other men's sins:
      keep thyself pure. Drink no longer water, but use a little wine for thy
      stomach's sake and thine often infirmities. Some men's sins are open
      beforehand, going before to judgment; and some men they follow after.
      Likewise also the good works of some are manifest beforehand; and they
      that are otherwise cannot be hid.

      Chapter 6

      Let as many servants as are under the yoke count their own masters worthy
      of all honour, that the name of God and his doctrine be not blasphemed.
      And they that have believing masters, let them not despise them, because
      they are brethren; but rather do them service, because they are faithful
      and beloved, partakers of the benefit. These things teach and exhort.
      If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words,
      even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which
      is according to godliness; He is proud, knowing nothing, but doting
      about questions and strifes of words, whereof cometh envy, strife,
      railings, evil surmisings, Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds,
      and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from
      such withdraw thyself. But godliness with contentment is great gain.
      For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry
      nothing out. And having food and raiment let us be therewith content.
      But they that will be rich fall into temptation and a snare, and
      into many foolish and hurtful lusts, which drown men in destruction
      and perdition. For the love of money is the root of all evil: which
      while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced
      themselves through with many sorrows. But thou, O man of God, flee
      these things; and follow after righteousness, godliness, faith, love,
      patience, meekness.

      And they brought unto him also infants, that he would touch them: but
      when his disciples saw it, they rebuked them. But Jesus called them
      unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid
      them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. Verily I say unto you,
      Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall
      in no wise enter therein.

      passage: Luke 18:26-18:30

      And they that heard it said, Who then can be saved? And he said, The
      things which are impossible with men are possible with God. Then Peter
      said, Lo, we have left all, and followed thee. And he said unto them,
      Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or parents,
      or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God's sake, Who
      shall not receive manifold more in this present time, and in the world
      to come life everlasting.