Saturday, September 19 / October 2, 2004: Saturday After the Exaltation of the Cross: 1Cor 2:6-9, Matt 10:37-11:1

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2004

      Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom
      of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
      But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom,
      which God ordained before the world unto our glory: Which none of the
      princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have
      crucified the Lord of glory. But as it is written, Eye hath not seen,
      nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things
      which God hath prepared for them that love him.

      He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me:
      and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
      And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy
      of me. He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his
      life for my sake shall find it. He that receiveth you receiveth me,
      and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me. He that receiveth
      a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and
      he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall
      receive a righteous man's reward. And whosoever shall give to drink
      unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of
      a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.

      Chapter 11

      And it came to pass, when Jesus had made an end of commanding his twelve
      disciples, he departed thence to teach and to preach in their cities.