Friday, August 21 / September 3, 2004: Gal 2:6-10, Mark 5:22-24,35-6:1

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2004
      passage: Gal 2:6-2:10

      Chapter 2

      But of these who seemed to be somewhat, (whatsoever they were, it maketh
      no matter to me: God accepteth no man's person:) for they who seemed
      to be somewhat in conference added nothing to me: But contrariwise,
      when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed
      unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter; For he that
      wrought effectually in Peter to the apostleship of the circumcision,
      the same was mighty in me toward the Gentiles:) And when James, Cephas,
      and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given
      unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship;
      that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.
      Only they would that we should remember the poor; the same which I also
      was forward to do.

      And, behold, there cometh one of the rulers of the synagogue, Jairus by
      name; and when he saw him, he fell at his feet, And besought him greatly,
      saying, My little daughter lieth at the point of death: I pray thee, come
      and lay thy hands on her, that she may be healed; and she shall live.
      And Jesus went with him; and much people followed him, and thronged him.

      passage: Mark 5:35-6:1

      While he yet spake, there came from the ruler of the synagogue's
      house certain which said, Thy daughter is dead: why troublest thou the
      Master any further? As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken,
      he saith unto the ruler of the synagogue, Be not afraid, only believe.
      And he suffered no man to follow him, save Peter, and James, and John
      the brother of James. And he cometh to the house of the ruler of the
      synagogue, and seeth the tumult, and them that wept and wailed greatly.
      And when he was come in, he saith unto them, Why make ye this ado,
      and weep? the damsel is not dead, but sleepeth. And they laughed him
      to scorn. But when he had put them all out, he taketh the father and
      the mother of the damsel, and them that were with him, and entereth
      in where the damsel was lying. And he took the damsel by the hand,
      and said unto her, Talitha cumi; which is, being interpreted, Damsel,
      I say unto thee, arise. And straightway the damsel arose, and walked;
      for she was of the age of twelve years. And they were astonished with
      a great astonishment. And he charged them straitly that no man should
      know it; and commanded that something should be given her to eat.

      Chapter 6

      And he went out from thence, and came into his own country; and his
      disciples follow him.