Wednesday, December 21 2000 / January 3, 2001: Heb 5:11-6:8, Mark 10:11-16

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 2001
      passage: Heb 5:11-6:8

      Chapter 5

      Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye
      are dull of hearing. For when for the time ye ought to be teachers,
      ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles
      of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and
      not of strong meat. For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the
      word of righteousness: for he is a babe. But strong meat belongeth to
      them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their
      senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

      Chapter 6

      Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go
      on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from
      dead works, and of faith toward God, Of the doctrine of baptisms, and
      of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal
      judgment. And this will we do, if God permit. For it is impossible for
      those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift,
      and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word
      of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away,
      to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves
      the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. For the earth
      which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth
      herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:
      But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto
      cursing; whose end is to be burned.

      And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry
      another, committeth adultery against her. And if a woman shall put
      away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.
      And they brought young children to him, that he should touch them: and
      his disciples rebuked those that brought them. But when Jesus saw it,
      he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children
      to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
      Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God
      as a little child, he shall not enter therein. And he took them up in
      his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them.