Tuesday, December 20 2000 / January 2, 2001: Heb 4:1-13, Mark 10:2-12

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 1, 2001
      passage: Heb 4:1-4:13

      Chapter 4

      Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into
      his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it. For unto us
      was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached
      did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.
      For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have
      sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the
      works were finished from the foundation of the world. For he spake in
      a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the
      seventh day from all his works. And in this place again, If they shall
      enter into my rest. Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter
      therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because
      of unbelief: Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day,
      after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice,
      harden not your hearts. For if Jesus had given them rest, then would
      he not afterward have spoken of another day. There remaineth therefore
      a rest to the people of God. For he that is entered into his rest,
      he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his. Let us
      labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the
      same example of unbelief. For the word of God is quick, and powerful,
      and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing
      asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a
      discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Neither is there
      any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are
      naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do.

      And the Pharisees came to him, and asked him, Is it lawful for a man to
      put away his wife? tempting him. And he answered and said unto them,
      What did Moses command you? And they said, Moses suffered to write a
      bill of divorcement, and to put her away. And Jesus answered and said
      unto them, For the hardness of your heart he wrote you this precept.
      But from the beginning of the creation God made them male and female.
      For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and cleave to
      his wife; And they twain shall be one flesh: so then they are no more
      twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not
      man put asunder. And in the house his disciples asked him again of the
      same matter. And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife,
      and marry another, committeth adultery against her. And if a woman shall
      put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.