Sunday, July 19 / August 1, 2004: Sunday of the Holy Fathers of the Seven Ecumenical Councils: Tit 3:8-15, Matt 5:14-19

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31 9:10 PM
      passage: Tit 3:8-3:15

      Chapter 3

      This is a faithful saying, and these things I will that thou affirm
      constantly, that they which have believed in God might be careful to
      maintain good works. These things are good and profitable unto men.
      But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and
      strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain. A man that
      is an heretick after the first and second admonition reject; Knowing
      that he that is such is subverted, and sinneth, being condemned of
      himself. When I shall send Artemas unto thee, or Tychicus, be diligent
      to come unto me to Nicopolis: for I have determined there to winter.
      Bring Zenas the lawyer and Apollos on their journey diligently, that
      nothing be wanting unto them. And let our's also learn to maintain
      good works for necessary uses, that they be not unfruitful.

      Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot
      be hid. Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but
      on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
      Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works,
      and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Think not that I am come
      to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but
      to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass,
      one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all
      be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least
      commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in
      the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same
      shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.