Monday, December 19 2000 / January 1, 2001: Heb 3:5-11, Mark 9:42-10:1

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2000
      passage: Heb 3:5-3:11

      Chapter 3

      And Moses verily was faithful in all his house, as a servant, for a
      testimony of those things which were to be spoken after; But Christ
      as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the
      confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end. Wherefore
      (as the Holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will hear his voice, Harden not
      your hearts, as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the
      wilderness: When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my works
      forty years. Wherefore I was grieved with that generation, and said,
      They do alway err in their heart; and they have not known my ways.
      So I sware in my wrath, They shall not enter into my rest.)

      And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me,
      it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and
      he were cast into the sea. And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off:
      it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands
      to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched: Where their
      worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. And if thy foot offend
      thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than
      having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall
      be quenched: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
      And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to
      enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be
      cast into hell fire: Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not
      quenched. For every one shall be salted with fire, and every sacrifice
      shall be salted with salt. Salt is good: but if the salt have lost
      his saltness, wherewith will ye season it? Have salt in yourselves,
      and have peace one with another.

      Chapter 10

      And he arose from thence, and cometh into the coasts of Judaea by the
      farther side of Jordan: and the people resort unto him again; and,
      as he was wont, he taught them again.