Monday, May 18/31, 2004: Day of the Holy Spirit: Ephesians 5:9-19, Matt 18:10-20

    Message 1 of 1 , May 30, 2004
      passage: Ephesians 5:9-5:19

      Chapter 5

      For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness
      and truth;) Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord. And have no
      fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove
      them. For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done
      of them in secret. But all things that are reproved are made manifest
      by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light. Wherefore he
      saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ
      shall give thee light. See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as
      fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
      Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the
      Lord is. And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled
      with the Spirit; Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual
      songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord;

      Take heed that ye despise not one of these little ones; for I say
      unto you, That in heaven their angels do always behold the face of
      my Father which is in heaven. For the Son of man is come to save
      that which was lost. How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep,
      and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine,
      and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?
      And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more
      of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.
      Even so it is not the will of your Father which is in heaven, that
      one of these little ones should perish. Moreover if thy brother
      shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee
      and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
      But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that
      in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
      And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he
      neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and
      a publican. Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth
      shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall
      be loosed in heaven. Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall
      agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be
      done for them of my Father which is in heaven. For where two or three
      are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.