Saturday, April 18 / May 1, 2004: Acts 9:19-31, John 15:17-16:2

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30 9:10 PM

      And when he had received meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certain
      days with the disciples which were at Damascus. And straightway he
      preached Christ in the synagogues, that he is the Son of God. But all
      that heard him were amazed, and said; Is not this he that destroyed
      them which called on this name in Jerusalem, and came hither for that
      intent, that he might bring them bound unto the chief priests? But Saul
      increased the more in strength, and confounded the Jews which dwelt at
      Damascus, proving that this is very Christ. And after that many days
      were fulfilled, the Jews took counsel to kill him: But their laying
      await was known of Saul. And they watched the gates day and night to
      kill him. Then the disciples took him by night, and let him down by
      the wall in a basket. And when Saul was come to Jerusalem, he assayed
      to join himself to the disciples: but they were all afraid of him, and
      believed not that he was a disciple. But Barnabas took him, and brought
      him to the apostles, and declared unto them how he had seen the Lord in
      the way, and that he had spoken to him, and how he had preached boldly at
      Damascus in the name of Jesus. And he was with them coming in and going
      out at Jerusalem. And he spake boldly in the name of the Lord Jesus,
      and disputed against the Grecians: but they went about to slay him.
      Which when the brethren knew, they brought him down to Caesarea, and
      sent him forth to Tarsus. Then had the churches rest throughout all
      Judaea and Galilee and Samaria, and were edified; and walking in the
      fear of the Lord, and in the comfort of the Holy Ghost, were multiplied.

      These things I command you, that ye love one another. If the world
      hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you. If ye were
      of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of
      the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world
      hateth you. Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is
      not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also
      persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.
      But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because
      they know not him that sent me. If I had not come and spoken unto
      them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin.
      He that hateth me hateth my Father also. If I had not done among them
      the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have
      they both seen and hated both me and my Father. But this cometh to
      pass, that the word might be fulfilled that is written in their law,
      They hated me without a cause. But when the Comforter is come, whom
      I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which
      proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me: And ye also shall
      bear witness, because ye have been with me from the beginning.

      Chapter 16

      These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.
      They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that
      whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.