Thursday, March 19 / April 1, 2004: Isa 65:8-16, Gen 46:1-7, Prov 23:15-24:5

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2004
      passage: Isa 65:8-65:16

      Chapter 65

      Thus saith the LORD, As the new wine is found in the cluster, and one
      saith, Destroy it not; for a blessing is in it: so will I do for my
      servants' sakes, that I may not destroy them all. And I will bring forth
      a seed out of Jacob, and out of Judah an inheritor of my mountains:
      and mine elect shall inherit it, and my servants shall dwell there.
      And Sharon shall be a fold of flocks, and the valley of Achor a place
      for the herds to lie down in, for my people that have sought me.
      But ye are they that forsake the LORD, that forget my holy mountain,
      that prepare a table for that troop, and that furnish the drink offering
      unto that number. Therefore will I number you to the sword, and ye
      shall all bow down to the slaughter: because when I called, ye did not
      answer; when I spake, ye did not hear; but did evil before mine eyes,
      and did choose that wherein I delighted not. Therefore thus saith the
      Lord GOD, Behold, my servants shall eat, but ye shall be hungry: behold,
      my servants shall drink, but ye shall be thirsty: behold, my servants
      shall rejoice, but ye shall be ashamed: Behold, my servants shall sing
      for joy of heart, but ye shall cry for sorrow of heart, and shall howl
      for vexation of spirit. And ye shall leave your name for a curse unto
      my chosen: for the Lord GOD shall slay thee, and call his servants by
      another name: That he who blesseth himself in the earth shall bless
      himself in the God of truth; and he that sweareth in the earth shall
      swear by the God of truth; because the former troubles are forgotten,
      and because they are hid from mine eyes.

      passage: Gen 46:1-46:7

      Chapter 46

      And Israel took his journey with all that he had, and came to Beersheba,
      and offered sacrifices unto the God of his father Isaac. And God spake
      unto Israel in the visions of the night, and said, Jacob, Jacob. And
      he said, Here am I. And he said, I am God, the God of thy father: fear
      not to go down into Egypt; for I will there make of thee a great nation:
      I will go down with thee into Egypt; and I will also surely bring thee
      up again: and Joseph shall put his hand upon thine eyes. And Jacob rose
      up from Beersheba: and the sons of Israel carried Jacob their father, and
      their little ones, and their wives, in the wagons which Pharaoh had sent
      to carry him. And they took their cattle, and their goods, which they
      had gotten in the land of Canaan, and came into Egypt, Jacob, and all
      his seed with him: His sons, and his sons' sons with him, his daughters,
      and his sons' daughters, and all his seed brought he with him into Egypt.

      passage: Prov 23:15-24:5

      Chapter 23

      My son, if thine heart be wise, my heart shall rejoice, even mine.
      Yea, my reins shall rejoice, when thy lips speak right things. Let not
      thine heart envy sinners: but be thou in the fear of the LORD all the
      day long. For surely there is an end; and thine expectation shall
      not be cut off. Hear thou, my son, and be wise, and guide thine heart
      in the way. Be not among winebibbers; among riotous eaters of flesh:
      For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty: and drowsiness
      shall clothe a man with rags. Hearken unto thy father that begat thee,
      and despise not thy mother when she is old. Buy the truth, and sell
      it not; also wisdom, and instruction, and understanding. The father
      of the righteous shall greatly rejoice: and he that begetteth a wise
      child shall have joy of him. Thy father and thy mother shall be glad,
      and she that bare thee shall rejoice. My son, give me thine heart,
      and let thine eyes observe my ways. For a whore is a deep ditch;
      and a strange woman is a narrow pit. She also lieth in wait as for a
      prey, and increaseth the transgressors among men. Who hath woe? who
      hath sorrow? who hath contentions? who hath babbling? who hath wounds
      without cause? who hath redness of eyes? They that tarry long at the
      wine; they that go to seek mixed wine. Look not thou upon the wine
      when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth
      itself aright. At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like
      an adder. Thine eyes shall behold strange women, and thine heart shall
      utter perverse things. Yea, thou shalt be as he that lieth down in the
      midst of the sea, or as he that lieth upon the top of a mast. They have
      stricken me, shalt thou say, and I was not sick; they have beaten me,
      and I felt it not: when shall I awake? I will seek it yet again.

      Chapter 24

      Be not thou envious against evil men, neither desire to be with them.
      For their heart studieth destruction, and their lips talk of mischief.
      Through wisdom is an house builded; and by understanding it is
      established: And by knowledge shall the chambers be filled with all
      precious and pleasant riches. A wise man is strong; yea, a man of
      knowledge increaseth strength.