Wednesday, November 20 / December 3, 2003: 2Thes 2:1-12, Luke 18:15-17,26-30

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2003
      passage: 2Thes 2:1-2:12

      Chapter 2

      Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ,
      and by our gathering together unto him, That ye be not soon shaken in
      mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as
      from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you
      by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling
      away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
      Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that
      is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing
      himself that he is God. Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you,
      I told you these things? And now ye know what withholdeth that he might
      be revealed in his time. For the mystery of iniquity doth already work:
      only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
      And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume
      with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of
      his coming: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with
      all power and signs and lying wonders, And with all deceivableness
      of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the
      love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God
      shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That
      they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure
      in unrighteousness.

      And they brought unto him also infants, that he would touch them: but
      when his disciples saw it, they rebuked them. But Jesus called them
      unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid
      them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. Verily I say unto you,
      Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall
      in no wise enter therein.

      passage: Luke 18:26-18:30

      And they that heard it said, Who then can be saved? And he said, The
      things which are impossible with men are possible with God. Then Peter
      said, Lo, we have left all, and followed thee. And he said unto them,
      Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or parents,
      or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God's sake, Who
      shall not receive manifold more in this present time, and in the world
      to come life everlasting.