Tuesday, November 19 / December 2, 2003: 2Thes 1:10-2:2, Luke 17:26-37

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2003
      passage: 2Thes 1:10-2:2

      Chapter 1

      When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in
      all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed)
      in that day. Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would
      count you worthy of this calling, and fulfil all the good pleasure of
      his goodness, and the work of faith with power: That the name of our
      Lord Jesus Christ may be glorified in you, and ye in him, according to
      the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

      Chapter 2

      Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ,
      and by our gathering together unto him, That ye be not soon shaken in
      mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as
      from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.

      And as it was in the days of Noe, so shall it be also in the days of
      the Son of man. They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they
      were given in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
      and the flood came, and destroyed them all. Likewise also as it was
      in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold,
      they planted, they builded; But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom
      it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
      Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.
      In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in
      the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in
      the field, let him likewise not return back. Remember Lot's wife.
      Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever
      shall lose his life shall preserve it. I tell you, in that night there
      shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall
      be left. Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken,
      and the other left. Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be
      taken, and the other left. And they answered and said unto him, Where,
      Lord? And he said unto them, Wheresoever the body is, thither will the
      eagles be gathered together.