Friday, October 18/31, 2003: Phil 3:8-19, Luke 10:1-15

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 30, 2003
      passage: Phil 3:8-3:19

      Chapter 3

      Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the
      knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of
      all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, And be
      found in him, not having mine own righteousness, which is of the law,
      but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousness which is
      of God by faith: That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection,
      and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his
      death; If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
      Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect:
      but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am
      apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have
      apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which
      are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
      I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God
      in Christ Jesus. Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus
      minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal
      even this unto you. Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained,
      let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing. Brethren,
      be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us
      for an ensample. For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now
      tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
      Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is
      in their shame, who mind earthly things.)

      After these things the LORD appointed other seventy also, and sent them
      two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself
      would come. Therefore said he unto them, The harvest truly is great,
      but the labourers are few: pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest,
      that he would send forth labourers into his harvest. Go your ways:
      behold, I send you forth as lambs among wolves. Carry neither purse,
      nor scrip, nor shoes: and salute no man by the way. And into whatsoever
      house ye enter, first say, Peace be to this house. And if the son of
      peace be there, your peace shall rest upon it: if not, it shall turn to
      you again. And in the same house remain, eating and drinking such things
      as they give: for the labourer is worthy of his hire. Go not from house
      to house. And into whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you, eat
      such things as are set before you: And heal the sick that are therein,
      and say unto them, The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you. But into
      whatsoever city ye enter, and they receive you not, go your ways out
      into the streets of the same, and say, Even the very dust of your city,
      which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you: notwithstanding
      be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you.
      But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable in that day for
      Sodom, than for that city. Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee,
      Bethsaida! for if the mighty works had been done in Tyre and Sidon,
      which have been done in you, they had a great while ago repented,
      sitting in sackcloth and ashes. But it shall be more tolerable for
      Tyre and Sidon at the judgment, than for you. And thou, Capernaum,
      which art exalted to heaven, shalt be thrust down to hell.