Sunday, November 20 / December 3, 2000: Ephes 2:4-22, Luke 8:41-56

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2000
      passage: Ephes 2:4-2:22

      Chapter 2

      But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us,
      Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ,
      (by grace ye are saved;) And hath raised us up together, and made us sit
      together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus: That in the ages to come
      he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward
      us through Christ Jesus. For by grace are ye saved through faith; and
      that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man
      should boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto
      good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
      Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh,
      who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision
      in the flesh made by hands; That at that time ye were without Christ,
      being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the
      covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
      But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh
      by the blood of Christ. For he is our peace, who hath made both one,
      and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; Having
      abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained
      in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making
      peace; And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the
      cross, having slain the enmity thereby: And came and preached peace to
      you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. For through him we
      both have access by one Spirit unto the Father. Now therefore ye are
      no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints,
      and of the household of God; And are built upon the foundation of the
      apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner
      stone; In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an
      holy temple in the Lord: In whom ye also are builded together for an
      habitation of God through the Spirit.

      And, behold, there came a man named Jairus, and he was a ruler of the
      synagogue: and he fell down at Jesus' feet, and besought him that he
      would come into his house: For he had one only daughter, about twelve
      years of age, and she lay a dying. But as he went the people thronged
      him. And a woman having an issue of blood twelve years, which had
      spent all her living upon physicians, neither could be healed of any,
      Came behind him, and touched the border of his garment: and immediately
      her issue of blood stanched. And Jesus said, Who touched me? When all
      denied, Peter and they that were with him said, Master, the multitude
      throng thee and press thee, and sayest thou, Who touched me? And Jesus
      said, Somebody hath touched me: for I perceive that virtue is gone out
      of me. And when the woman saw that she was not hid, she came trembling,
      and falling down before him, she declared unto him before all the people
      for what cause she had touched him, and how she was healed immediately.
      And he said unto her, Daughter, be of good comfort: thy faith hath
      made thee whole; go in peace. While he yet spake, there cometh one
      from the ruler of the synagogue's house, saying to him, Thy daughter
      is dead; trouble not the Master. But when Jesus heard it, he answered
      him, saying, Fear not: believe only, and she shall be made whole.
      And when he came into the house, he suffered no man to go in, save
      Peter, and James, and John, and the father and the mother of the maiden.
      And all wept, and bewailed her: but he said, Weep not; she is not dead,
      but sleepeth. And they laughed him to scorn, knowing that she was dead.
      And he put them all out, and took her by the hand, and called, saying,
      Maid, arise. And her spirit came again, and she arose straightway:
      and he commanded to give her meat. And her parents were astonished:
      but he charged them that they should tell no man what was done.