Thursday, September 19 / October 2, 2003: Ephesians 1:1-9, Luke 4:16-22

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 2003
      passage: Ephesians 1:1-1:9

      Chapter 1

      Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints
      which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus: Grace be to
      you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Jesus Christ.
      Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath
      blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:
      According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the
      world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
      Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ
      to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will, To the praise of
      the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
      In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,
      according to the riches of his grace; Wherein he hath abounded toward us
      in all wisdom and prudence; Having made known unto us the mystery of his
      will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

      And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his
      custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood
      up for to read. And there was delivered unto him the book of the
      prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place
      where it was written, The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath
      anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the
      brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of
      sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach
      the acceptable year of the Lord. And he closed the book, and he gave
      it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that
      were in the synagogue were fastened on him. And he began to say unto
      them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears. And all bare
      him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of
      his mouth. And they said, Is not this Joseph's son?