Friday, November 18 / December 1, 2000: 1Thes 5:9-13, Luke 16:15-18,17:1-4

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2000
      passage: 1Thes 5:9-5:13

      Chapter 5

      For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our
      Lord Jesus Christ, Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we
      should live together with him. Wherefore comfort yourselves together,
      and edify one another, even as also ye do. And we beseech you, brethren,
      to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and
      admonish you; And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's
      sake. And be at peace among yourselves.

      And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men;
      but God knoweth your hearts: for that which is highly esteemed among
      men is abomination in the sight of God. The law and the prophets were
      until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every
      man presseth into it. And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass,
      than one tittle of the law to fail. Whosoever putteth away his wife,
      and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her
      that is put away from her husband committeth adultery.

      Then said he unto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences
      will come: but woe unto him, through whom they come! It were better
      for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he cast into
      the sea, than that he should offend one of these little ones. Take heed
      to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if
      he repent, forgive him. And if he trespass against thee seven times in
      a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent;
      thou shalt forgive him.