Thursday, September 12/25, 2003: Gal 3:23-4:5, Mark 6:30-45

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 24, 2003
      passage: Gal 3:23-4:5

      Chapter 3

      But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the
      faith which should afterwards be revealed. Wherefore the law was
      our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified
      by faith. But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a
      schoolmaster. For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ
      Jesus. For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on
      Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free,
      there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
      And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according
      to the promise.

      Chapter 4

      Now I say, That the heir, as long as he is a child, differeth nothing
      from a servant, though he be lord of all; But is under tutors and
      governors until the time appointed of the father. Even so we, when
      we were children, were in bondage under the elements of the world: But
      when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of
      a woman, made under the law, To redeem them that were under the law,
      that we might receive the adoption of sons.

      And the apostles gathered themselves together unto Jesus, and told
      him all things, both what they had done, and what they had taught.
      And he said unto them, Come ye yourselves apart into a desert place,
      and rest a while: for there were many coming and going, and they had
      no leisure so much as to eat. And they departed into a desert place by
      ship privately. And the people saw them departing, and many knew him,
      and ran afoot thither out of all cities, and outwent them, and came
      together unto him. And Jesus, when he came out, saw much people, and
      was moved with compassion toward them, because they were as sheep not
      having a shepherd: and he began to teach them many things. And when
      the day was now far spent, his disciples came unto him, and said, This
      is a desert place, and now the time is far passed: Send them away,
      that they may go into the country round about, and into the villages,
      and buy themselves bread: for they have nothing to eat. He answered
      and said unto them, Give ye them to eat. And they say unto him, Shall
      we go and buy two hundred pennyworth of bread, and give them to eat?
      He saith unto them, How many loaves have ye? go and see. And when they
      knew, they say, Five, and two fishes. And he commanded them to make
      all sit down by companies upon the green grass. And they sat down in
      ranks, by hundreds, and by fifties. And when he had taken the five
      loaves and the two fishes, he looked up to heaven, and blessed, and
      brake the loaves, and gave them to his disciples to set before them;
      and the two fishes divided he among them all. And they did all eat,
      and were filled. And they took up twelve baskets full of the fragments,
      and of the fishes. And they that did eat of the loaves were about
      five thousand men. And straightway he constrained his disciples to
      get into the ship, and to go to the other side before unto Bethsaida,
      while he sent away the people.