Friday, July 19 / August 1, 2003: 1Cor 7:35-8:7, Matt 15:29-31

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 2003

      And this I speak for your own profit; not that I may cast a snare upon
      you, but for that which is comely, and that ye may attend upon the Lord
      without distraction. But if any man think that he behaveth himself
      uncomely toward his virgin, if she pass the flower of her age, and need
      so require, let him do what he will, he sinneth not: let them marry.
      Nevertheless he that standeth stedfast in his heart, having no necessity,
      but hath power over his own will, and hath so decreed in his heart that
      he will keep his virgin, doeth well. So then he that giveth her in
      marriage doeth well; but he that giveth her not in marriage doeth better.
      The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her
      husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only
      in the Lord. But she is happier if she so abide, after my judgment:
      and I think also that I have the Spirit of God.

      Chapter 8

      Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have
      knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth. And if any man
      think that he knoweth any thing, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to
      know. But if any man love God, the same is known of him. As concerning
      therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto
      idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there
      is none other God but one. For though there be that are called gods,
      whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
      But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things,
      and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and
      we by him. Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge: for some
      with conscience of the idol unto this hour eat it as a thing offered
      unto an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled.

      And Jesus departed from thence, and came nigh unto the sea of Galilee;
      and went up into a mountain, and sat down there. And great multitudes
      came unto him, having with them those that were lame, blind, dumb,
      maimed, and many others, and cast them down at Jesus' feet; and he healed
      them: Insomuch that the multitude wondered, when they saw the dumb to
      speak, the maimed to be whole, the lame to walk, and the blind to see:
      and they glorified the God of Israel.