Tuesday, June 18 / July 1, 2003: Rom 7:14-8:2, Matt 10:9-15

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2003

      For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
      For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not;
      but what I hate, that do I. If then I do that which I would not, I
      consent unto the law that it is good. Now then it is no more I that
      do it, but sin that dwelleth in me. For I know that in me (that is,
      in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me;
      but how to perform that which is good I find not. For the good that
      I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. Now if I
      do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth
      in me. I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present
      with me. For I delight in the law of God after the inward man: But I
      see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and
      bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
      O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this
      death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the
      mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

      Chapter 8

      There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ
      Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For the
      law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the
      law of sin and death.

      Provide neither gold, nor silver, nor brass in your purses, Nor scrip
      for your journey, neither two coats, neither shoes, nor yet staves:
      for the workman is worthy of his meat. And into whatsoever city or
      town ye shall enter, enquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till
      ye go thence. And when ye come into an house, salute it. And if the
      house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy,
      let your peace return to you. And whosoever shall not receive you,
      nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake
      off the dust of your feet. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more
      tolerable for the land of Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment,
      than for that city.