5073Friday, July 5/18, 2014: 1Cor 4:5-8, Matt 13:44-54

    Jul 17, 2014

      Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both
      will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest
      the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.
      And these things, brethren, I have in a figure transferred to myself
      and to Apollos for your sakes; that ye might learn in us not to think of
      men above that which is written, that no one of you be puffed up for one
      against another. For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what
      hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it,
      why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it? Now ye are full,
      now ye are rich, ye have reigned as kings without us: and I would to
      God ye did reign, that we also might reign with you.

      Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the
      which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and
      selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field. Again, the kingdom
      of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls: Who,
      when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he
      had, and bought it. Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a net,
      that was cast into the sea, and gathered of every kind: Which, when it
      was full, they drew to shore, and sat down, and gathered the good into
      vessels, but cast the bad away. So shall it be at the end of the world:
      the angels shall come forth, and sever the wicked from among the just,
      And shall cast them into the furnace of fire: there shall be wailing
      and gnashing of teeth. Jesus saith unto them, Have ye understood all
      these things? They say unto him, Yea, Lord. Then said he unto them,
      Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven
      is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out
      of his treasure things new and old. And it came to pass, that when
      Jesus had finished these parables, he departed thence. And when he was
      come into his own country, he taught them in their synagogue, insomuch
      that they were astonished, and said, Whence hath this man this wisdom,
      and these mighty works?