5052Friday, June 14/27, 2014: Rom 9:6-19, Matt 10:32-36,11:1

    Jun 26, 2014

      Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not
      all Israel, which are of Israel: Neither, because they are the seed of
      Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
      That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not
      the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for
      the seed. For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come,
      and Sarah shall have a son. And not only this; but when Rebecca also
      had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac; For the children being
      not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose
      of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him
      that calleth;) It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
      As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated. What shall
      we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid. For he saith
      to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have
      compassion on whom I will have compassion. So then it is not of him
      that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
      For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have
      I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name
      might be declared throughout all the earth. Therefore hath he mercy on
      whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth. Thou wilt say
      then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

      Whosoever therefore shall confess me before men, him will I confess also
      before my Father which is in heaven. But whosoever shall deny me before
      men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. Think not
      that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but
      a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father,
      and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against
      her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

      And it came to pass, when Jesus had made an end of commanding his twelve
      disciples, he departed thence to teach and to preach in their cities.