5042Tuesday, June 4/17, 2014: Rom 4:4-12, Matt 7:15-21

    Jun 16, 2014

      Now to him that worketh is the reward not reckoned of grace, but of debt.
      But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth
      the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness. Even as David
      also describeth the blessedness of the man, unto whom God imputeth
      righteousness without works, Saying, Blessed are they whose iniquities
      are forgiven, and whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man to whom
      the Lord will not impute sin. Cometh this blessedness then upon the
      circumcision only, or upon the uncircumcision also? for we say that
      faith was reckoned to Abraham for righteousness. How was it then
      reckoned? when he was in circumcision, or in uncircumcision? Not in
      circumcision, but in uncircumcision. And he received the sign of
      circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had
      yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that
      believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be
      imputed unto them also: And the father of circumcision to them who are
      not of the circumcision only, but who also walk in the steps of that
      faith of our father Abraham, which he had being yet uncircumcised.

      Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing,
      but inwardly they are ravening wolves. Ye shall know them by their
      fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so
      every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth
      forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither
      can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that bringeth not
      forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by
      their fruits ye shall know them. Not every one that saith unto me,
      Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth
      the will of my Father which is in heaven.