5035Tuesday, May 28 / June 10, 2014: Rom 1:1-7,13-17, Matt 4:25-5:13

    Jun 9, 2014

      Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated
      unto the gospel of God, Which he had promised afore by his prophets in
      the holy scriptures,) Concerning his Son Jesus Christ our Lord, which
      was made of the seed of David according to the flesh; And declared
      to be the Son of God with power, according to the spirit of holiness,
      by the resurrection from the dead: By whom we have received grace and
      apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:
      Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ: To all that be in
      Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from
      God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

      passage: Rom 1:13-1:17

      Now I would not have you ignorant, brethren, that oftentimes I purposed
      to come unto you, (but was let hitherto,) that I might have some fruit
      among you also, even as among other Gentiles. I am debtor both to the
      Greeks, and to the Barbarians; both to the wise, and to the unwise.
      So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the gospel to you that
      are at Rome also. For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for
      it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to
      the Jew first, and also to the Greek. For therein is the righteousness
      of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall
      live by faith.

      And there followed him great multitudes of people from Galilee, and from
      Decapolis, and from Jerusalem, and from Judaea, and from beyond Jordan.

      Chapter 5

      And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was
      set, his disciples came unto him: And he opened his mouth, and taught
      them, saying, Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom
      of heaven. Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
      Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. Blessed are
      they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall
      be filled. Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
      Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God. Blessed are the
      peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. Blessed are
      they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the
      kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and
      persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely,
      for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward
      in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
      Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour,
      wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing,
      but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.