5024Friday, May 17/30, 2014: Acts 19:1-8, John 14:1-11

    May 29, 2014

      And it came to pass, that, while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul having
      passed through the upper coasts came to Ephesus: and finding certain
      disciples, He said unto them, Have ye received the Holy Ghost since ye
      believed? And they said unto him, We have not so much as heard whether
      there be any Holy Ghost. And he said unto them, Unto what then were
      ye baptized? And they said, Unto John's baptism. Then said Paul, John
      verily baptized with the baptism of repentance, saying unto the people,
      that they should believe on him which should come after him, that is,
      on Christ Jesus. When they heard this, they were baptized in the name
      of the Lord Jesus. And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the
      Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
      And all the men were about twelve. And he went into the synagogue,
      and spake boldly for the space of three months, disputing and persuading
      the things concerning the kingdom of God.

      Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
      In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have
      told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare
      a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that
      where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way
      ye know. Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest;
      and how can we know the way? Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the
      truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. If ye had
      known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye
      know him, and have seen him. Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the
      Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long
      time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen
      me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?
      Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the
      words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that
      dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. Believe me that I am in the Father,
      and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.