5016Thursday, May 9/22, 2014: Acts 14:20-27, John 9:39-10:9

    May 21, 2014

      Howbeit, as the disciples stood round about him, he rose up, and came
      into the city: and the next day he departed with Barnabas to Derbe.
      And when they had preached the gospel to that city, and had taught many,
      they returned again to Lystra, and to Iconium, and Antioch, Confirming
      the souls of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith,
      and that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdom of God.
      And when they had ordained them elders in every church, and had prayed
      with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, on whom they believed.
      And after they had passed throughout Pisidia, they came to Pamphylia.
      And when they had preached the word in Perga, they went down into
      Attalia: And thence sailed to Antioch, from whence they had been
      recommended to the grace of God for the work which they fulfilled.
      And when they were come, and had gathered the church together, they
      rehearsed all that God had done with them, and how he had opened the
      door of faith unto the Gentiles.

      And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they
      which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.
      And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said
      unto him, Are we blind also? Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye
      should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth.

      Chapter 10

      Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that entereth not by the door into
      the sheepfold, but climbeth up some other way, the same is a thief
      and a robber. But he that entereth in by the door is the shepherd of
      the sheep. To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice:
      and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out. And when he
      putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow
      him: for they know his voice. And a stranger will they not follow,
      but will flee from him: for they know not the voice of strangers.
      This parable spake Jesus unto them: but they understood not what things
      they were which he spake unto them. Then said Jesus unto them again,
      Verily, verily, I say unto you, I am the door of the sheep. All that
      ever came before me are thieves and robbers: but the sheep did not
      hear them. I am the door: by me if any man enter in, he shall be saved,
      and shall go in and out, and find pasture.