4952Wednesday, March 6/19, 2014: Isa 10:12-20, Gen 7:6-9, Prov 9:12-18

    Mar 18, 2014
      passage: Isa 10:12-10:20

      Chapter 10

      Wherefore it shall come to pass, that when the Lord hath performed
      his whole work upon mount Zion and on Jerusalem, I will punish the
      fruit of the stout heart of the king of Assyria, and the glory of his
      high looks. For he saith, By the strength of my hand I have done it,
      and by my wisdom; for I am prudent: and I have removed the bounds of
      the people, and have robbed their treasures, and I have put down the
      inhabitants like a valiant man: And my hand hath found as a nest the
      riches of the people: and as one gathereth eggs that are left, have
      I gathered all the earth; and there was none that moved the wing,
      or opened the mouth, or peeped. Shall the axe boast itself against
      him that heweth therewith? or shall the saw magnify itself against him
      that shaketh it? as if the rod should shake itself against them that
      lift it up, or as if the staff should lift up itself, as if it were
      no wood. Therefore shall the Lord, the Lord of hosts, send among his
      fat ones leanness; and under his glory he shall kindle a burning like
      the burning of a fire. And the light of Israel shall be for a fire,
      and his Holy One for a flame: and it shall burn and devour his thorns
      and his briers in one day; And shall consume the glory of his forest,
      and of his fruitful field, both soul and body: and they shall be as when
      a standard-bearer fainteth. And the rest of the trees of his forest
      shall be few, that a child may write them. And it shall come to pass
      in that day, that the remnant of Israel, and such as are escaped of
      the house of Jacob, shall no more again stay upon him that smote them;
      but shall stay upon the LORD, the Holy One of Israel, in truth.

      passage: Gen 7:6-7:9

      Chapter 7

      And Noah was six hundred years old when the flood of waters was upon
      the earth. And Noah went in, and his sons, and his wife, and his
      sons' wives with him, into the ark, because of the waters of the flood.
      Of clean beasts, and of beasts that are not clean, and of fowls, and of
      every thing that creepeth upon the earth, There went in two and two unto
      Noah into the ark, the male and the female, as God had commanded Noah.

      passage: Prov 9:12-9:18

      Chapter 9

      If thou be wise, thou shalt be wise for thyself: but if thou scornest,
      thou alone shalt bear it. A foolish woman is clamorous: she is simple,
      and knoweth nothing. For she sitteth at the door of her house, on a
      seat in the high places of the city, To call passengers who go right
      on their ways: Whoso is simple, let him turn in hither: and as for him
      that wanteth understanding, she saith to him, Stolen waters are sweet,
      and bread eaten in secret is pleasant. But he knoweth not that the
      dead are there; and that her guests are in the depths of hell.