4893Sunday, January 6/19, 2014: The Holy Theophany of our Lord God and Saviour, Jesus Christ: Titus 2:11-14,3:4-7, Matt 3:13-17

    Jan 18, 2014
      passage: Titus 2:11-2:14

      Chapter 2

      For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
      Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should
      live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking
      for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God
      and our Saviour Jesus Christ; Who gave himself for us, that he might
      redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people,
      zealous of good works.

      passage: Titus 3:4-3:7

      Chapter 3

      But after that the kindness and love of God our Saviour toward
      man appeared, Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but
      according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration,
      and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through
      Jesus Christ our Saviour; That being justified by his grace, we should
      be made heirs according to the hope of eternal life.

      passage: Matt 3:13-3:17

      Then cometh Jesus from Galilee to Jordan unto John, to be baptized of
      him. But John forbad him, saying, I have need to be baptized of thee,
      and comest thou to me? And Jesus answering said unto him, Suffer it
      to be so now: for thus it becometh us to fulfil all righteousness. Then
      he suffered him. And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway
      out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he
      saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
      And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I
      am well pleased.