4889: Col 3:4-11, Luke 18:18-27

    Jan 14, 2014
      passage: Col 3:4-3:11

      Chapter 3

      When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also
      appear with him in glory. Mortify therefore your members which
      are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection,
      evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: For which
      things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
      In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them. But now
      ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy
      communication out of your mouth. Lie not one to another, seeing that ye
      have put off the old man with his deeds; And have put on the new man,
      which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
      Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision,
      Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

      And a certain ruler asked him, saying, Good Master, what shall I
      do to inherit eternal life? And Jesus said unto him, Why callest
      thou me good? none is good, save one, that is, God. Thou knowest the
      commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not
      bear false witness, Honour thy father and thy mother. And he said, All
      these have I kept from my youth up. Now when Jesus heard these things,
      he said unto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: sell all that thou hast,
      and distribute unto the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven:
      and come, follow me. And when he heard this, he was very sorrowful:
      for he was very rich. And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful,
      he said, How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the kingdom
      of God! For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle's eye,
      than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God. And they that
      heard it said, Who then can be saved? And he said, The things which
      are impossible with men are possible with God.