4887: Heb 11:8,11-16, Mark 9:33-41

    Jan 12, 2014
      passage: Heb 11:8-11:8

      Chapter 11

      By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which
      he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out,
      not knowing whither he went.

      passage: Heb 11:11-11:16

      Through faith also Sara herself received strength to conceive seed,
      and was delivered of a child when she was past age, because she judged
      him faithful who had promised. Therefore sprang there even of one,
      and him as good as dead, so many as the stars of the sky in multitude,
      and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable. These all died in
      faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off,
      and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they
      were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. For they that say such things
      declare plainly that they seek a country. And truly, if they had been
      mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had
      opportunity to have returned. But now they desire a better country,
      that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their
      God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

      And he came to Capernaum: and being in the house he asked them, What
      was it that ye disputed among yourselves by the way? But they held
      their peace: for by the way they had disputed among themselves, who
      should be the greatest. And he sat down, and called the twelve, and
      saith unto them, If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last
      of all, and servant of all. And he took a child, and set him in the
      midst of them: and when he had taken him in his arms, he said unto them,
      Whosoever shall receive one of such children in my name, receiveth me:
      and whosoever shall receive me, receiveth not me, but him that sent me.
      And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils
      in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he
      followeth not us. But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man
      which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me.
      For he that is not against us is on our part. For whosoever shall give
      you a cup of water to drink in my name, because ye belong to Christ,
      verily I say unto you, he shall not lose his reward.