4886Sunday, December 30 2013 / January 12, 2014: Sunday before Theophany: 2Tim 4:5-8, Mark 1:1-8

    Jan 11, 2014
      passage: 2Tim 4:5-4:8

      Chapter 4

      But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an
      evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry. For I am now ready to be
      offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good
      fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: Henceforth
      there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord,
      the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only,
      but unto all them also that love his appearing.

      The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God; As it is
      written in the prophets, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face,
      which shall prepare thy way before thee. The voice of one crying in
      the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight.
      John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance
      for the remission of sins. And there went out unto him all the land
      of Judaea, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of him in the
      river of Jordan, confessing their sins. And John was clothed with
      camel's hair, and with a girdle of a skin about his loins; and he did
      eat locusts and wild honey; And preached, saying, There cometh one
      mightier than I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy
      to stoop down and unloose. I indeed have baptized you with water:
      but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost.