4885Saturday, December 29 2013 / January 11, 2014: Saturday after Nativity: 1Tim 6:11-16, Matt 12:15-21

    Jan 10, 2014
      passage: 1Tim 6:11-6:16

      Chapter 6

      But thou, O man of God, flee these things; and follow after
      righteousness, godliness, faith, love, patience, meekness. Fight the
      good fight of faith, lay hold on eternal life, whereunto thou art also
      called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.
      I give thee charge in the sight of God, who quickeneth all things,
      and before Christ Jesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good
      confession; That thou keep this commandment without spot, unrebukable,
      until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ: Which in his times he
      shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings,
      and Lord of lords; Who only hath immortality, dwelling in the light
      which no man can approach unto; whom no man hath seen, nor can see:
      to whom be honour and power everlasting. Amen.

      But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great
      multitudes followed him, and he healed them all; And charged them that
      they should not make him known: That it might be fulfilled which was
      spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Behold my servant, whom I have
      chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my
      spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles. He shall
      not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.
      A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench,
      till he send forth judgment unto victory. And in his name shall the
      Gentiles trust.