4884Friday, December 28 2013 / January 10, 2014: Heb 7:18-25, Mark 12:1-12

    Jan 9, 2014
      passage: Heb 7:18-7:25

      Chapter 7

      For there is verily a disannulling of the commandment going before for
      the weakness and unprofitableness thereof. For the law made nothing
      perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did; by the which we draw
      nigh unto God. And inasmuch as not without an oath he was made priest:
      For those priests were made without an oath; but this with an oath by
      him that said unto him, The Lord sware and will not repent, Thou art a
      priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec:) By so much was Jesus
      made a surety of a better testament. And they truly were many priests,
      because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death: But
      this man, because he continueth ever, hath an unchangeable priesthood.
      Wherefore he is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto
      God by him, seeing he ever liveth to make intercession for them.

      And he began to speak unto them by parables. A certain man planted
      a vineyard, and set an hedge about it, and digged a place for the
      winefat, and built a tower, and let it out to husbandmen, and went into
      a far country. And at the season he sent to the husbandmen a servant,
      that he might receive from the husbandmen of the fruit of the vineyard.
      And they caught him, and beat him, and sent him away empty. And again he
      sent unto them another servant; and at him they cast stones, and wounded
      him in the head, and sent him away shamefully handled. And again he
      sent another; and him they killed, and many others; beating some,
      and killing some. Having yet therefore one son, his wellbeloved,
      he sent him also last unto them, saying, They will reverence my son.
      But those husbandmen said among themselves, This is the heir; come,
      let us kill him, and the inheritance shall be our's. And they took him,
      and killed him, and cast him out of the vineyard. What shall therefore
      the lord of the vineyard do? he will come and destroy the husbandmen,
      and will give the vineyard unto others. And have ye not read this
      scripture; The stone which the builders rejected is become the head of
      the corner: This was the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?
      And they sought to lay hold on him, but feared the people: for they
      knew that he had spoken the parable against them: and they left him,
      and went their way.