4882Wednesday, December 26 2013 / January 8, 2014: Heb 5:11-6:8, Mark 11:23-26

    Jan 7, 2014
      passage: Heb 5:11-6:8

      Chapter 5

      Of whom we have many things to say, and hard to be uttered, seeing ye
      are dull of hearing. For when for the time ye ought to be teachers,
      ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles
      of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and
      not of strong meat. For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the
      word of righteousness: for he is a babe. But strong meat belongeth to
      them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their
      senses exercised to discern both good and evil.

      Chapter 6

      Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go
      on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from
      dead works, and of faith toward God, Of the doctrine of baptisms, and
      of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal
      judgment. And this will we do, if God permit. For it is impossible for
      those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift,
      and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word
      of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away,
      to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves
      the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. For the earth
      which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth
      herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:
      But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto
      cursing; whose end is to be burned.

      For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain,
      Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in
      his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall
      come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. Therefore I say
      unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that
      ye receive them, and ye shall have them. And when ye stand praying,
      forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is
      in heaven may forgive you your trespasses. But if ye do not forgive,
      neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.